Walnut Creek Oktoberfest
Presented by Walnut Creek Downtown and the Walnut Creek Chamber of Commerce
For over 200 years, people have been gathering in Munich for Oktoberfest to celebrate and share Bavarian culture with the world.
Join us Saturday, October 20th, 11a-6p, Civic Park in downtown Walnut Creek at our 4th Annual local Oktoberfest. Admission is free. With a few years of festival attendance under our belts, we wanted to share some essential Oktoberfest tips to help you navigate the grounds and make the most of your Oktoberfest celebration.
Top 5 Things to Know Before Attending Walnut Creek Oktoberfest:
1. Grab a Map- Due to popular demand, we’ve moved Oktoberfest to Civic Park. This 16.7-acre park will have loads of activities:
a. Bier Garden
b. Microbrew Arena featuring dozens of favorite brews
c. Kinder Platz (kid’s activities and games)
d. Live Music featuring four bands throughout the day!
e. Gourmet Food Booths and over 40 vendors
2. Bring Cash- Admission is free however drinks, food and some entertainment will cost money. Many vendors accept credit cards but good to have cash on hand
3. Dog Friendly- As long as doggie is on a leash
4. Transportation- Did you know you can take Bart to the WC Station, and hop a free shuttle/Trolley that will take you within walking distance to Civic Park? Plus, there are 4 parking garages in downtown WC to choose from-all within walking distance to the event. Lots of metered parking as well.
5. #WCoktoberfest2018- Check it out! And for more info and prize opportunities go to: http://www.walnutcreekdowntown.com/event/431-walnut-creek-oktoberfest