Treat Dad Right
Father’s Day is coming up—fast. If you haven’t made plans, don’t worry; we’ve got your June 19 covered.
Shelly Lewis/ EBRPD
• For breakfast, how about something new? Like comfort food at the new Home of Chicken and Waffles in Walnut Creek (due to open by Father's Day). The homeboy, with three wings and a waffle, is the top seller. Wash it down with a glass of sweet tea and a slice of sweet potato pie. That’ll stick to the ribs. homeofchickenandwaffles.com. Editorial Note: The opening of Home of Chicken and Waffles was delayed until after June 19. We apologize for any inconvenience.
• After filling up on soul food, take Dad for a mind-cleansing stroll through 654 acres of East Bay majesty at the new Dublin Hills Regional Park. ebparks.org/parks/dublin_hills.
• Drop Dad off at Gentlemen’s HeadQuarters in Dublin for the $60 trifecta: hot towel shave, express facial, and MANicure—all while he’s enjoying the comforts of a lounge chair, with sports on TV. (925) 833-7117.
• Or find, borrow, steal, or Craigslist some tickets to the Giants vs. A’s cross-Bay battle at the Oakland Coliseum. oaklandathletics.com.
• Relive the comic books of Dad’s youth in 3-D during opening weekend of Green Lantern. After filling up on the wood-fired artistry of Oakland’s Boot and Shoe Service’s gourmet pizzas, walk down the street to Grand Lake Theater for the flick. bootandshoeservice.com, renaissancerialto.com.