Rockridge Neighborhood Heritage Food Tour | Oakland | 3 hours | 6 stops
Unleash your inner foodie during the Rockridge Neighborhood Heritage & Walking Food Tour! During this three-hour long guided walking tour we’ll share the area’s rich history and explore its fast-growing dining culture—all while enjoying some seriously delicious samplings along the way!
Our Rockridge Food Tour is just as appealing to visitors as it is to locals alike—it’s a rare opportunity to learn some little-known facts about the area that may even surprise those who call Rockridge home. Enjoy an opportunity to skip the typical Bay Area tourist traps and dive deep into the food culture, history, architecture, and current happenings of this European-inspired oasis.
- Visit six tasting locations with food samples and demonstrations to highlight the area’s local deliciousness.
- Discover the rich history of Rockridge, the Bay Area’s “urban village” and first commuter neighborhood.
- Enjoy an Exclusive Tasting Guide with map and discounted offerings from our tasting locations.
- Seasonal Southern-Italian-meets-California delicacies and optional* James Beard award winning wine from the Zagat-rated restaurant leading the charge on bringing fine dining to the East Bay.
- Crispy chicken tacos and optional* house-made margaritas made from scratch with no artificial ingredients from a neighborhood staple for 30 years.
- Pairings of local and global seasonally-inspired cheeses at the Bay Area’s first European-style marketplace, inspired by Les Halles in Paris.
- A selection of house-made sausages, courtesy of a Rockridge local butcher whose high-quality products have remained a staple of the area throughout its many changes.
- A sweet and fluffy morning bun from one of the finest authentic French patisseries in the Bay Area that will have you saying “oui!”
- Visit the birthplace of America’s first blockbuster ice cream flavor at a parlor that takes you back in time.
*Tasting selections subject to change without notice
Advanced reservations are required. Private tours are also available.
For more information visit www.localfoodadventures.com or call 510-604-6546.
Local Food Adventures
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.