Part of Lamorinda Arts Council’s (LAC) recurring Sunday online program, this segment featured local women including writers Marlene Dotterer, Josephine Mele, and Phyllis Houseman and artists Kimiko Kogure and Ruth Stanton. Throughout the webinar, the writers read excerpts from their work, and the artists presented their visual pieces in slideshows for the audience. This series—based on the idea that writers paint images with words—fits into LAC’s mission, which is to foster artistic expression in people of all ages throughout the Lamorinda area. LAC, which is celebrating its 71st year, is hoping to return to in-person events at the Lafayette Library soon.
Submit Faces Photos
Faces of the East Bay
- Meet the East Bay's top movers and shakers. Here they highlight their experience and invaluable expertise.
- We salute dynamic women—women whose talent, dedication, and enterprise have enhanced life in the East Bay.
- Start shopping local and see what's in store next door to you.
- From the menu to the location, the dress to the decor, a wedding is a reflection of the couple and is often their family's traditions and heritage.
The Diablo Spotlight
- Taking a closer look at great businesses in our community.
- Your child's health, happiness, and education are top priority. And we agree. Whether you're searching for the top schools, the right extracurricular activity, or the most suitable summer program for your child, we're here to help you discover all the area has to offer.