In Diablo’s November 2020 food issue, we published the feature “Fall Into Comfort,” which highlighted five different classic foods with recipes from East Bay restaurants. This story prompted a series of five virtual episodes, sponsored by Xfinity and hosted by Diablo’s food editor, Ethan Fletcher. Viewers were able to tune into the show live—or watch later at their own convenience—and learn how to expertly make some delicious dishes. The program included pie from Pietisserie, focaccia from East Bay Bakery, caramelized onion soup by Esin Restaurant and Bar, a pastrami sandwich by Salt Craft, and fried chicken by Minnie Bell’s Soul Movement.
Submit Faces Photos
Faces of the East Bay
- Meet the East Bay's top movers and shakers. Here they highlight their experience and invaluable expertise.
- We salute dynamic women—women whose talent, dedication, and enterprise have enhanced life in the East Bay.
- Start shopping local and see what's in store next door to you.
- From the menu to the location, the dress to the decor, a wedding is a reflection of the couple and is often their family's traditions and heritage.
The Diablo Spotlight
- Taking a closer look at great businesses in our community.
- Your child's health, happiness, and education are top priority. And we agree. Whether you're searching for the top schools, the right extracurricular activity, or the most suitable summer program for your child, we're here to help you discover all the area has to offer.