Hope Hospice—a nonprofit that provides end-of-life care, grief support services, education, and caregiver resources in the Tri-Valley and other East Bay areas—held a socially distanced outdoor fundraiser in remembrance of loved ones who have passed away. While in the past hikers gathered as a group at Del Valle Regional Park, this year the 200 event participants could choose their own location. They could also take part in the weeklong Champion Challenge, where they set a mileage goal for the week. And at the end, there was a closing party with live music and activities. Nearly $68,000 has been raised, and donations are still being accepted online.
Submit Faces Photos
Faces of the East Bay
- Meet the East Bay's top movers and shakers. Here they highlight their experience and invaluable expertise.
- We salute dynamic women—women whose talent, dedication, and enterprise have enhanced life in the East Bay.
- Start shopping local and see what's in store next door to you.
- From the menu to the location, the dress to the decor, a wedding is a reflection of the couple and is often their family's traditions and heritage.
The Diablo Spotlight
- Taking a closer look at great businesses in our community.
- Your child's health, happiness, and education are top priority. And we agree. Whether you're searching for the top schools, the right extracurricular activity, or the most suitable summer program for your child, we're here to help you discover all the area has to offer.