The Berkeley Public Library Foundation held an online celebration hosted by Roman Mars, the creator of the radio show 99% Invisible. Throughout the program, viewers were able to get a sneak peek of the new Central Library spaces, enjoy music and dance performances, hear stories and poetry by local authors, and participate in a silent auction. Guests included author and filmmaker Laleh Khadivi, violinist Matthew Szemela, poet Ross Gay, and the executive director of the Berkeley Symphony, René Mandel. All proceeds support library innovations and will expand access to the community.
Submit Faces Photos
Faces of the East Bay
- Meet the East Bay's top movers and shakers. Here they highlight their experience and invaluable expertise.
- We salute dynamic women—women whose talent, dedication, and enterprise have enhanced life in the East Bay.
- Start shopping local and see what's in store next door to you.
- From the menu to the location, the dress to the decor, a wedding is a reflection of the couple and is often their family's traditions and heritage.
The Diablo Spotlight
- Taking a closer look at great businesses in our community.
- Your child's health, happiness, and education are top priority. And we agree. Whether you're searching for the top schools, the right extracurricular activity, or the most suitable summer program for your child, we're here to help you discover all the area has to offer.