Each month, as many as 30,000 arts aficionados participate in the free Oakland First Fridays along Telegraph Avenue. Slate Contemporary Gallery joined the fun (along with Holland Partner Group and Oakland Art Murmur) in February with festivities at their Vespr pop-up show, located within a penthouse at the residential building. The exhibit, which ran through most of March, highlighted vibrant pieces evoking spring from a variety of artists, many from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Oakland Art Murmur’s First Friday Kickoff Event
- By Emilie White
Submit Faces Photos
Faces of the East Bay
- Meet the East Bay's top movers and shakers. Here they highlight their experience and invaluable expertise.
- We salute dynamic women—women whose talent, dedication, and enterprise have enhanced life in the East Bay.
- See what's in store next door to you.
- From the menu to the location, the dress to the decor, a wedding is a reflection of the couple and is often their family's traditions and heritage.
The Diablo Spotlight
- Taking a closer look at great businesses in our community.
- Your health, happiness, and education are top priority—and we agree. Whether you're searching for the top schools, the right extracurricular activity, or the most suitable summer program for your child, we're here to help you discover all the area has to offer.