For its 20th annual Lunar New Year celebration, the Oakland Museum of California (OMCA) honored the holiday through a series of online events. Since 2001, there has been a festival to recognize the various Asian cultures that make up the local community. This time, the tradition continued remotely through a children’s story time with San Francisco author Oliver Chin, a collection of New Year–themed hands-on crafts, and a virtual trip to Taiwan with guide and OMCA family programmer Snowy Tung.
Submit Faces Photos
Faces of the East Bay
- Meet the East Bay's top movers and shakers. Here they highlight their experience and invaluable expertise.
- We salute dynamic women—women whose talent, dedication, and enterprise have enhanced life in the East Bay.
- Start shopping local and see what's in store next door to you.
- From the menu to the location, the dress to the decor, a wedding is a reflection of the couple and is often their family's traditions and heritage.
The Diablo Spotlight
- Taking a closer look at great businesses in our community.
- Your child's health, happiness, and education are top priority. And we agree. Whether you're searching for the top schools, the right extracurricular activity, or the most suitable summer program for your child, we're here to help you discover all the area has to offer.