In honor of its 30th annual fundraiser, Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF) put on a special virtual concert that featured a lineup of several big-name entertainers. Performers included Gloria Estefan, Luke Combs, Trace Adkins, Sammy Hagar and the Circle, Bruce Hornsby, the Doobie Brothers, and many more. Attendees were able to watch the prerecorded event any time they wanted over a four-day period, and all funds raised went directly to shelter animals looking for their forever homes. The Walnut Creek-based nonprofit—which has been saving the lives of dogs and cats since its founding in 1991—offers plenty of other ways to help. Consider an online donation, or take part in one of ARF’s volunteer opportunities.
Submit Faces Photos
Faces of the East Bay
- Meet the East Bay's top movers and shakers. Here they highlight their experience and invaluable expertise.
- We salute dynamic women—women whose talent, dedication, and enterprise have enhanced life in the East Bay.
- Start shopping local and see what's in store next door to you.
- From the menu to the location, the dress to the decor, a wedding is a reflection of the couple and is often their family's traditions and heritage.
The Diablo Spotlight
- Taking a closer look at great businesses in our community.
- Your child's health, happiness, and education are top priority. And we agree. Whether you're searching for the top schools, the right extracurricular activity, or the most suitable summer program for your child, we're here to help you discover all the area has to offer.