When the shelter-in-place order went into effect in March, the Oakland Zoo was forced to close its doors and risked having to shut down permanently. However, when the zoo was allowed to reopen in late July, the staff threw a virtual celebration to raise money for the organization and its 750 animals. Throughout the event, guests took part in an auction and listened to speakers such as Oakland Zoo CEO Dr. Joel Parrott and Golden State Warriors “hype man” Franco Finn. Over $500,000 was raised for the Animal Care Fund, and online donations are still welcome.
Submit Faces Photos
Faces of the East Bay
- Meet the East Bay's top movers and shakers. Here they highlight their experience and invaluable expertise.
- We salute dynamic women—women whose talent, dedication, and enterprise have enhanced life in the East Bay.
- Start shopping local and see what's in store next door to you.
- From the menu to the location, the dress to the decor, a wedding is a reflection of the couple and is often their family's traditions and heritage.
The Diablo Spotlight
- Taking a closer look at great businesses in our community.
- Your child's health, happiness, and education are top priority. And we agree. Whether you're searching for the top schools, the right extracurricular activity, or the most suitable summer program for your child, we're here to help you discover all the area has to offer.