SonRise Equestrian Foundation, a therapeutic horseback riding nonprofit based in Castro Valley, put on its annual benefit and 15th anniversary celebration. During the day of the event, the Baywood Equestrian Center—the organization’s place of operation—held a ranch drive-through where attendees received goodie bags and Wente wine (to enjoy during the virtual program) and took photos with miniature horses. An optional pickup dinner from Gianni’s Italian Bistro in San Ramon was also offered. During the online portion, hosted by ABC7 News’s Mike Nicco and auctioneer Frank Hanna, there were both silent and live auctions, which helped raise $85,000 to support children with special needs ($10,000 more than the event’s goal).
Submit Faces Photos
Faces of the East Bay
- Meet the East Bay's top movers and shakers. Here they highlight their experience and invaluable expertise.
- We salute dynamic women—women whose talent, dedication, and enterprise have enhanced life in the East Bay.
- Start shopping local and see what's in store next door to you.
- From the menu to the location, the dress to the decor, a wedding is a reflection of the couple and is often their family's traditions and heritage.
The Diablo Spotlight
- Taking a closer look at great businesses in our community.
- Your child's health, happiness, and education are top priority. And we agree. Whether you're searching for the top schools, the right extracurricular activity, or the most suitable summer program for your child, we're here to help you discover all the area has to offer.